Bell Stainless projects are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of at least 12 months from the date of supply or installation - whichever is relevant for the project. In cases where an extended warranty is offered, conditions will apply as listed below. Within the warranty period we will, at our sole discretion, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Such repairs or replacement will usually be made at no charge to the customer for parts and / or labour - depending on the specifics of the project.
Thelength of our standard warranty, on work supplied by Bell Stainless, is also determined by the category it comes under as follows:
For goods fabricated by Bell Stainless
12 months warranty on materials and workmanship where Bell Stainless has provided fabrication of an item - subject to normal wear andtear of the item. This is generally extended by a further 12 months if the item was fabricated and installed by Bell Stainless.
The main exception to this is in the event where a construction contract was entered into for the job in question, then the contract's Terms and Conditions supercede this warranty policy.
For goods supplied but not fabricated by Bell Stainless
Goods and materials not manufactured by Bell Stainless are subject to the warranties provided by their relevant manufacturers. While we make every effort to recommend or supply only high quality materials which have been proven over long periods in real-world situations, we're aware that things like composition of glue or timber used in our fabrication processes are completely out of our control.
For materials used in the fabrication of items by Bell Stainless
Materials such as brass, copper, stainless steel, timber for substrates, glue for bonding, and fixings such as screws, dynabolts and various others are not manufactured by Bell Stainless
What's NOT covered under warranty by Bell Stainless
For Benchtops - separation of stainless benchtops from the timber substrate, in the case of any of the following circumstances:
• a prolonged water leak (typically from a faulty tap) has deteriorated the structural integrity of the timber and has caused it to break away from the glue bonding itto the stainless steel;
• prolonged exposure to intense direct sunlight has caused a weakening of the bonding glue;
• prolonged practice of sitting very hot saucepans etc directly on the surface of the stainless steel;
• damage to the surface of the stainlessby acids or other contaminants which has left markings that don't rub off;
• tea staining as a result of salt, chlorine or other contaminants that have been allowed to sit on the surface of the stainless steel. This can generally be removed by hand using a product such as Quickleen-S.
For all Projects, this warranty does not apply to:
• cosmetic damage, such as scratches, nicks or dents;
• damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, flood, fire, or other acts of nature or external causes;
• damage caused by service performed by anyone who's not an authorised service provider of Bell Stainless;
• damage as a result of modifications to the project without the prior written approval of Bell Stainless (including any 'protective' coatings that may be applied by others); or
• the finish of the material if the project isn't cleaned & maintained to Bell Stainless specifications* on an annual basis
THE WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES CONTAINED HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY ARISING UNDER ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. Subject to applicable law, in no event shall our liability exceed the purchase price of the hardware.
Please contact Bell Stainless via phone 07 5476 8877 or email email@example.com for all warranty and product support queries.
* Bell Stainless specification for cleaning and maintenance includes:
• the use of a high quality stainless cleaner. We use and recommend Quickleen-S as it’s non-toxic and biodegradable;
• thorough cleaning of all surfaces, especially in crevices and joins in the material;
• rinsing with fresh water after cleaning; and
• for particular projects, may also require an ongoing annual cleaning & maintenance contractto ensure compliance for an extended warranty. Details for extended warrantiesof thisnature are generally discussed in the quotation phase of the project.
Please note that as a rule Bell Stainless does not modify or repair benchtops fabricated by others, most specifically ones where the stainless steel has let go of the timber substrate. Due to the broad range of timbers and glues used by various fabricators we have absolutely no control of what negative results may occur in areas adjacent to where work is carried out.
In the eventthat Bell Stainless does concede to work on another fabricator's bench, the warranty (if it applies at all) will only apply to the immediate area where work was undertaken, and will be for a duration of 60 days only.